Friday, October 06, 2006

Man does not live by bread only

Yesterday I fasted. I did not eat or drink all day. It is ramadan. But I’m not a moslim. I fasted to share the experience of the fasting moslims who are sharing the fate of the less privileged people. A message of love, of unity, of amalgamation of not only religious significance but of a humane compassionate nature. I ended my fasting with a date and water. Oh, the sweetness of that date, of that day, of the smile i brought to my friend’s face, of the conversations over the iftar dinner , of the oneness, of purity, of sharing this with you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laila K said...

:)
ghada call me tonight

7:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i can never do it!

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like you writing...
I wish I knew you more, when I knew you....
I wish I go back in time, and re-do things in a different way!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home